Collection of compositions & photos of an aspiring equine journalist

"The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Everyday is a winding road

Graduation.
I bought the cap, gown and tassel.
Invited my family and friends
And walked that very short walk to
Receive what you worked so hard
To earn the past four years.

A Diploma.
Very expensive piece of paper,
At least according to my loan statement.
Is now sitting in an expensive frame
On the floor of my bedroom. But I do
Not feel much different.

I thought I would feel
wiser,
accomplished,
older,
more mature,
but now I just feel...pretty much poor.

Virginia Tech has made my life richer, yes. Yet I will miss those four years dearly. Most of all, I will miss the security found with-in daily, weekly routines of class and work and roommates and weekends. But I will move on, in attempts to create a more vivid tomorrow. A brighter future for myself. I'll let ya know how it goes ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment