Collection of compositions & photos of an aspiring equine journalist

"The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wild, Wild West

Today I took a job offer way out west, in the Colorado Rockies working as a wrangler on a guest ranch. I am happy, scared, nervous, excited and all other emotions in between. Not to mention I had a dream I was mauled by a Grizzly Bear and bitten by a wolf recently. Eeek! It should be loads of fun, working and living with about 10+ other kids who will be on the ranch all summer long. I am super excited to get to spend time out west, I have never been to see the Rockies! My mom is a little, okay a lot, mad/sad/upset that I will not be coming home to work and live after vacation. And I will certianly miss the beach - for sure! But I went on that cruise in March when it snowed and was like freezing in Blacksburg. That should serve as my beach fix for now! Maybe I can get to Mexico to pay my uncle a visit this winter when the weather outside is frightful. Thankfully, two fo my best friends from VT are going out to Nebraska and Montana. Which I did not realize were so far away! I guess it is a summer for exploring! Worries aside, i am looking forward to experience the west and all of the wide open spaces.....

No comments:

Post a Comment